Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE ABC Travel Guides for Kids
PHILADELPHIA, May 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Atlantic City rolls out the red carpet for families and takes our top spot.
1. Atlantic City, New Jersey – AC is within a day's drive of 1/3 of the country's population. AC's unique attractions include a Surf School and the country's third tallest lighthouse. Even transportation is unique: Jitneys and Rolling Chairs. More adventurous? Consider a Helicopter or Parasailing adventure. But this resort city offers so much more: Joe Holiday's magic show, Steel Pier, Ripley's Odditorium, a White House (famous for submarines), Tony's and Gilchrist for breakfast. Ready for the original salt water taffy and fudge? It started here with Steel's, James and Fralinger's. The Caesars Pier water show, Boardwalk Hall light show and the Waterfront Sculpture Walk are hidden treasures. The AC Sheraton's location (near the Tanger Outlets) is the perfect launching pad to DO AC.
2. Miami Beach, Florida – We love Miami in the summer because the water is so warm. Miami is about great food and diverse culture. Start with a Grace Della food tour to learn about Miami's culinary history. The Seaquarium and Jungle Island shows are exceptional, as is the new PAMM. Don't miss the attractions of the Historic Redland Trail. For food we love The Pub, Big Pink and Casola's for pizza. The place to stay in Miami Beach is The Palms Hotel & Spa.
3. Cape Ann, MA – An hour north of Boston, Cape Ann has two of our favorite beaches, Good Harbor and Wingaersheek. Gloucester is a hard working fishing port that blends incredible food, art, shopping and culture into everything it does. Tour Beauport and Hammond Castle, then take a harbor cruise. Eat at The Gloucester House, Woodman's and the Clam Box. Neighboring Rockport and Bearskin Neck have been hot spots for years. Rockport Inn & Suites is a great spot to stay.
4. Rehoboth Beach, DE – The bandstand and boardwalk are loaded with fun family shops, restaurants and more. After the beach head to Funland then Nicola Pizza. We also love Thrashers Fries, Capriotti's, and the Ice Cream Store. Rent a house and bikes or consider one of the great lodging choices in the area.
5. Outer Banks, North Carolina – It's all here from Spooky Blackbeard pirate stores on Okracoke Island, to Orville and Wilbur Wright in Kitty Hawk. Ferry rides and jumping around from town to town provides adventure. Wildlife and sports enthusiasts will enjoy fishing, birding, kiteboarding, wind surfing (no place beats this place), wild horses, lighthouses and more. Awful Arthur's Oyster Bar in Kill Devil Hills is a family friendly dining option but OBX has many great options.
ABC Travel Guides for Kids is the premier producer and publisher of all-in-one alphabet, activity and souvenir guides specifically designed for kids.
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.