Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE San Antonio Convention & Visitors Bureau
SAN ANTONIO, May 29, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- San Antonio is the place for kids this summer during Kidcation Week, August 8 – 17 (www.KidcationWeek.com). During this special week, the city rolls out the red carpet for its youngest visitors, transforming into a citywide playground. Kidcation Week allows families to create lifelong memories and have one last summer hurrah.
Kids of all ages will enjoy exclusive programming including workshops, demonstrations, camps and free entertainment. Parents looking to stretch vacation funds will appreciate the money-saving deals at hotels, attractions, shops and restaurants.
Noted as one of the most family-friendly destinations, San Antonio has something for every family – from historic attractions including the Alamo and Spanish colonial missions, educational and fun-filled museums like the Witte Museum, Institute of Texan Cultures and Buckhorn Museum, cultural institutions including the San Antonio Museum of Art and McNay Art Museum, outdoor fun attractions like the San Antonio Zoo, San Antonio Botanical Garden and Natural Bridge Caverns, and top theme parks including SeaWorld San Antonio, Six Flags Fiesta Texas and Morgan's Wonderland.
There's even more fun to be had during Kidcation Week. Examples of the variety of experiences visitors can get during Kidcation Week include:
- Art Crawl – Gallery Tours for Caregivers and Babies at the San Antonio Museum of Art: On August 14 at 10 a.m., moms, dads and caregivers of all sorts can put the babies in their slings and take a walk through the galleries. This 45-minute tour is geared towards adults while art selections are chosen to engage the caregiver and infant. Each tour begins at the front desk and ends with playtime refreshments.
- Bat Loco Bash: The City's final bat event of the year, located at the intersection of Camden and Newell Streets, will feature educational activities, food trucks, bat information, live music and educational bat presentations from Texas Parks and Wildlife, Bat Conservation International and the San Antonio River Authority, and an emergence of 50,000 Mexican Free-Tailed Bats from under the I-35 bridge.
- Downtown Tuesday Free Parking: Visitors can save money with free parking provided at City-operated garages, lots and meters after 5 p.m. on August 12.
- Institute of Texan Cultures: During Kidcation Week, all Institute of Texan Cultures visitors get in for the children's admission price of $6. Additionally, "Vaquerocation" activities, focused on Texas Cowboy Culture, will take place every Sunday and Wednesday in August.
- Kidcation Art Party at McNay Art Museum: On August 14 from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m., visitors of all ages can enjoy free art making fun, a music concert and admission to the museum.
- Kidcation Week Mini Golf Camp at The First Tee of Greater San Antonio: For only $35, kids can learn the fundamentals of golf in a kid-friendly environment during a camp at Polo Field Golf Center from 9 a.m. to noon on August 12 – 14. Camp includes snacks, beverages and a The First Tee of Greater San Antonio cap.
- San Antonio Zoo Zootennial / Hilton Palacio Del Rio Package: Guests can have a wild time with a two-night stay at the Hilton Palacio del Rio in luxurious River Walk accommodations, which includes two adult and two child admission passes to the San Antonio Zoo, a Zootennial amenity, Barrel of Monkeys game, animal crackers, fruit basket, a San Antonio Zoo reusable bag, complimentary breakfast for two adults and two children in The River's Edge Café and complimentary self-parking for one vehicle.
- Splashtown: Visitors can cool off with a free general-admission ticket to Splashtown San Antonio with the purchase of one ticket of equal or greater value at the Splashtown Ticket Booth.
- Ser Padres Day at the San Antonio Children's Museum: Between 9 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. on August 16, visitors can enjoy free admission and fun activities as part of Kidcation Week.
- Ripley's Believe It or Not!: Stop by Ripley's Believe It or Not! Cargo Hold Gift Shop and pick up a free Ripley's Believe It or Not! coloring book for children ages 3-11.
Also falling within Kidcation Week is one of the year's most popular weekends, Texas Tax Free Weekend. Beginning on August 8 and ending on August 10, most clothing, footwear and school supplies priced under $100 are exempt from sales and use taxes - saving families even more money. More details on Texas Tax Free Weekend are found at www.window.state.tx.us/taxinfo/taxpubs/taxholiday/d/. A complete listing of Kidcation Week events and specials can be found at www.KidcationWeek.com.
The San Antonio Convention & Visitors Bureau, a department of the City of San Antonio, is funded through the hotel/motel occupancy tax. The bureau is a marketing, sales and service organization dedicated to the promotion of San Antonio as a meetings and visitor destination for the purpose of positively affecting the city's economy.
Senior Brand Manager
San Antonio Convention & Visitors Bureau
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140529/92245
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.