Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
ST PETERSBURG, Russia, June 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Theme of SPIEF 2014: 'Sustaining Confidence in a World Undergoing Transformation'
A total of 82 events were held, including:
- the Presidential plenary session
- 51 panel sessions
- 6 briefings
- 10 interactive sessions in the Arena format
- 6 roundtables
- 4 teledebates on the channels Russia Today, Russia-24, CNN and CNBC
- a workshop ('Putting Private Sector Infrastructure Money to Work') - a new format introduced in 2014 that involves participants working in small groups at roundtables of 6-8 people followed by the presentation of the discussion results to the audience and voting
- 2 business breakfasts
- 1 event in the format 'Studies in Leadership: Defining Our Future'
For the first time at SPIEF, three sessions of the Global CEO Summit were also held, organized jointly with the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs
To view the Multimedia News Release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/71400543-st-petersburg-international-economic-forum
Participation of the Russian President in the Forum events:
- plenary session
- address at the Energy Club Summit
- meeting with the heads of global energy companies
- meeting with the CEOs and Chairmen of foremost global companies
- meeting with the members of the international expert council of the Russian Direct Investment Fund and representatives of the international investment community
- a number of bilateral meetings.
The total number of moderators and speakers reached 527 people in 2014.
Business and knowledge services:
- Business Networking Platform: 410 business meetings were held across two meeting venues
- Video broadcast of all Forum events on the website and television panels at the Venue
- SPIEF Channel - interviews with foreign and Russian business and political leaders in the run-up to and during the Forum, broadcasted on the website and television panels at the venue; 45 interviews were conducted in 2014
- Facts for Insight portal with facts, info-graphics and analytics on the key Forum themes and sessions
- Social Walls at the venue to display messages by the Forum participants posted on social networks
Forum in numbers
Withstanding the pressure from the US Administration, SPIEF 2014 brought together more than 7,500 participants, including 248 heads of major foreign companies and 445 heads of Russian companies.
Among those, the Forum guests included 40 CEOs of foreign companies and 24 CEOs of Russian companies on the Forbes and Fortune lists.
1) The largest companies participating in SPIEF 2014 on the level of CEO/Chairman: Telenor Group, Royal Dutch Shell, Philips, Glencore, BP, Total, Eni, Schlumberger, Alstom, Fortum Corporation, Danone, Kinross Gold, ABB and others.
2) The CEOs of 30 international companies declined to attend SPIEF, including 20 due to the geopolitical situation (of which 15 are from the United States).
The Forum was attended by 219 representatives of foreign delegations from 73 countries.
As part of SPIEF 2014, 175 agreements were signed with Russian and foreign companies, including 15 agreements on the implementation of investment projects in various spheres of the economy worth a total of RUB 401.4 billion.
Please visit the official website http://www.forumspb.com for more information.
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.